Parent meeting planned for special needs baseball teamMISSION—The Mission Boys & Girls Club has started to move forward with its adaptive baseball program...17 May 2013Read More...
ORDINANCE NO. 3643
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF MISSION, TEXAS AMENDING CHAPTER 22 OF ITS CODE OF ORDINANCES BY ADDING ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS AND INCORPORATING CATHOLIC CEMETERY THEREIN, AND SETTING CHARGES PROVIDING FOR PAYMENT FOR SPACES PURCHASED AT SAID CATHOLIC CEMETERY AND SETTING CHARGES FOR THE PERPETUAL CARE TRUST FUND.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF MISSION, TEXAS THAT:
Section 22-3 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mission, Texas is amended by adding Sections 22 and 23 to read as follows: General Regulations shall be amended as follows:
(22) The charge for opening a grave for verification purposes will be 150.00
(23) Fencing of lots or spaces will not be permitted
Section 22-9 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mission, Texas is hereby amended to read as follows: San Jose Cemetery and Catholic Cemetery The San Jose Cemetery and Catholic Cemetery are hereby incorporated under the same rules and regulations as the City owned Laurel Hill Cemetery, except that the following rules and regulations will apply only to Catholic Cemetery:
(1) For lots in the area where the cemetery is subdivided into lots, the sales price per lot shall be $5,000.00, which includes 10 spaces or $2,500 for ½ of a lot, which includes 5 spaces.
(2) For single grave spaces in the Single Space Area of the cemetery the sale price per lot shall be $500.00 per space;
(3) Upon purchase of said lots or spaces full payment of the total cost of said lots or spaces is due upon purchase;
(4) Upon the purchase of a grave lot or space, the city shall deposit from the initial payment $100.00 for each space in the Cemetery Trust Fund;
READ, CONSIDERED AND APPROVED by the City Council at a regular council meeting on the 25th day of April, 2011.
Norberto Salinas, Mayor
ATTEST: Anna Carrillo, City Secretary
|< Prev||Next >|
The Progress Times is the hometown newspaper for the local communities of Mission, Sharyland, Alton, Palmview, La Joya and surrounding areas in Western Hidalgo County. We have a staff of veteran reporters who work diligently every week to bring our readers the latest news as it affects their hometown area and people.