Rodriguez leads Hidalgo County District Attorney's raceWhen early voting results were released after polls closed at 7 p.m., Rodriguez had a lead in the race...04 March 2014Read More...
ORDINANCE NO. 3660
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ZONING ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF MISSION, TEXAS TO INCLUDE A ‘GUN SHOOTING RANGE’ AS CONDITIONAL USE IN THE GENERAL BUSINESS DISTRICT; TO ESTABLISH BASIC REGULATIONS THAT SUCH USES MUST COMPLY WITH IF APPROVED; TO AMEND EXISTING GUN DISCHARGE ORDINANCE(S) TO ALLOW FOR SUCH A CONDITIONAL LAND USE; PROVIDING FOR A CODIFICATION PROVISION; AND PROVIDING FOR A PUBLICATION DATE.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF MISSION, COUNTY OF HIDALGO, TEXAS THAT:
A. Section 1.43-3(n) be added as a new ‘Conditional Use’ under the General Business (C- 3) zoning district as follows: Indoor Gun Shooting Range.
B. The Zoning Ordinance’s Section 1.56 ‘Conditions of conditional use’ shall be amended hereby to include the following:
Section 1.56-10 Gun Shooting Range:
1. Gun Shooting Range must be an indoor, non-smoking, facility where the actual discharging of firearms will take place.
2. Sound abatement technology to be properly used so that the total noise decibel level will not be over 70 decibels at a distance of 200’ from the facility.
3. Unless otherwise approved by the City Council, the hours of operation for a facility located within 300’ of residential properties shall not be after 8 p.m.
4. The Backstop(s) and Bullet Trap(s) must be pre-approved for the City of Mission.
5. There shall absolutely be no alcohol permitted on the property inclusive of BYOB proposals.
6. The Ventilation system must be engineered to safeguard the patrons, et. al., from exposure to lead; said ventilation system must comply with all prevailing regulations.
7. Internal ‘Rules and Regulations’ to be enforced by the operator are to be filed with the City of Mission for review, to include but not be limited to their re-loading policy, storage of gun powder (location/quantity), patrons wearing ear/eye protection, a Maintenance Plan to assure that the equipment is functionally safe and in order, etc.
8. Must comply with all prevailing County, State and/or Federal regulations; to include but not be limited to the Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA).
9. Other measures that the City of Mission perceives is reasonable, to include but not be limited to regulating the hours of operation, to maximize the health and safety of the patrons and/or the surrounding neighbor(s).
C. Ordinance No. 475 (Sept. 26, 1961), and Ord. No. 931 (Oct. 9, 1978) prohibit the shooting of firearms, etc.; thus, as such, said ordinance or others that may supercede it with the same intent, shall be amended to have the following preface added: “Unless otherwise approved by the City council of an indoor shooting range within the public hearing parameters of a Conditional Use Permit Process…”
D. The provisions of this ordinance are to be published in the locations indicated in the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mission, Texas as soon as practicable.
E. This ordinance shall take effect immediately upon its passage and publication according to law.
READ, DISCUSSED, CONSIDERED and PASSED ON THIS THE 25TH DAY OF JULY, IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD, 2011.
Norberto Salinas, Mayor
ATTEST: Anna Carrillo, City Secretary
|< Prev||Next >|
The Progress Times is the hometown newspaper for the local communities of Mission, Sharyland, Alton, Palmview, La Joya and surrounding areas in Western Hidalgo County. We have a staff of veteran reporters who work diligently every week to bring our readers the latest news as it affects their hometown area and people.