Written by Andrielle Figueroa Friday, 31 January 2014 10:21
MISSION—City Manager Martin Garza told the Mission Redevelopment Authority Board on Tuesday that constant meetings with business owners are in order with the planned Conway Streetscape Project. He added the city plans to handle construction of the project block-by-block.
“We want to be able to meet to let them know we are there and able address every issue,” Garza said. “As we do one block, we will move to the next block and have a pre-determination meeting on what the business owners should expect on traffic, the amount of time we are going to spend on the east and west side of the roadway and when we anticipate to move on to the next block.”
The City Council awarded the project contract to Highmark Construction last week. Highmark placed the lowest bid at almost $1.9 million.