Saturday, 08 October 2011 08:40
The John Austin Peña Primary Care & Substance Abuse Treatment Facility held its grand opening on Tuesday with members of state Rep. Aaron Peña’s family whose son would have turned 27 this week. He died at the age of 16 in a drug overdose.
Joining the Peña family were other individuals who dealt with drug addiction. Also in attendance were several county officials and state representatives who helped work toward building the facility, a first of its kind in the Rio Grande Valley.