Tuesday, 14 February 2012 10:55
Cloudy, 74 F
Thu - Partly Cloudy. High: 80 Low: 67
Fri - Partly Cloudy. High: 83 Low: 62
Sat - Mostly Cloudy. High: 83 Low: 66
Sun - Mostly Cloudy. High: 83 Low: 69
Mon - AM Clouds/PM Sun. High: 85 Low: 68
Full Forecast at Yahoo! Weather
(provided by The Weather Channel)
For the second year in row the Sharyland Lady Rattlers are bi-district champions. The District 30-5A runner-ups took down Laredo Nixon. Ironically, it was Nixon who Sharyland took down last year.
The Lady Rattlers will move on to play the winner of Harlingen and Brownsville Rivera.
Instead of ranking the top three teams of a sport for both the boys and the
girls, we will now rank the top six teams but encompassing all the sports. The
rankings will be based on which team is playing the best and appears to have
the best outlook for the foreseeable future. Now that the spring sports season
is upon us, the rankings will be based on baseball, softball, track and field,
boys and girls soccer, etc.
SAN ANTONIO – Though the Palmview Lobos took home the District 31 Wrestling Championships a week ago, their showing at the Region IV tournament was not as pretty. However, Christian Garza did finish third and will be moving on to the state tournament in two weeks.
Garza won his first two matches, taking down Senon Moya of Weslaco East and Rudy Rivera of Macarthur. After losing to Will Becker of Cedar Park in the third round, Garza rebounded by taking down Nikki Rowe’s Akim Gonzalez and then Frankie Garcia of Georgetown for the third place finish.
- Big Six Friday Game of the Night: Mission and La Joya square off in girls’ play-in game
- “Big Six” Tuesday Game of the Night: Mission loses but still has hope for playoff spot
- “Big Six” Tuesday Game of the Night: Mission needs win, Shary has other plans
- Monday's Big Six Basketball Rankings
- Big Six schools perform well at District 31 Championships
- Big Six Basketball Roundup: Sharyland stays on top, La Joya girls fall and more
- Big Six Friday Game of the Night: Crucial games in tonight’s BigSix games
- Big Six January Athlete of the Month: Veterans Memorial’s Kassy Lopez
Page 32 of 60
The Progress Times is the hometown newspaper for the local communities of Mission, Sharyland, Alton, Palmview, La Joya and surrounding areas in Western Hidalgo County. We have a staff of veteran reporters who work diligently every week to bring our readers the latest news as it affects their hometown area and people.