All children must have all the necessary protection against the following diseases before the child can attend School: diphtheria, polio, measles, rubella, mumps, Hib, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, varicella, Tdap, and meningococcal.
In addition, it is highly recommended that each student be vaccinated yearly for the prevention of influenza. Contact your family physician/clinic to make sure immunizations are up-to-date. Mission CISD strongly urges all parents to make sure immunizations are up to date.
The following are immunization requirements for the 2015-2016 school year:
- Hepatitis A: 2 doses in a lifetime, 2 doses required for Pre-K, Kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th grades
- Tdap: a booster dose requirement for 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grades
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella): 2 doses required for Pre-K, Kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th grades
- Meningococcal: 1 dose for 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grades
- Varicella (Chickenpox): 2 doses requirement for all grades.
Texas Education Code requires each student be fully immunized against disease as required by the Texas Board of Health. According to the education code, a student who is not fully immunized and has not begun the required immunizations may not attend school. When transferring from another school district in Texas, a student may be provisionally admitted for no more than 30 days pending receipt of immunization records.