Public Notification of Nondiscrimination in Career and Technical Education (CTE) Programs
Texas Education Agency
Division of Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Admission to these programs is based on interest, grade level of student and program availability.
It is the policy of La Joya ISD not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or handicap in its vocational programs, services, or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
It is the policy of La Joya ISD not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, or age in its employment practices as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
La Joya I.S.D. will take steps to assure that lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in all educational and vocational programs.
For information about your rights or grievance procedures, contact the Assistant Superintendent for Student Services, Ricardo M. Villarreal at 200 W. Expressway 83, La Joya, Texas 78560, (956) 323-2609, and/or the Section 504/ Dyslexia/ RtI Director, Rosey M. Romo at 200 W. Expressway 83, La Joya, TX 78560, (956) 323-2653.
La Joya ISD offers Career and Technical
Education (CTE) Programs in:
• Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
• Architecture and Construction
• Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
• Business, Management and Administration
• Education and Training
• Health Science
• Hospitality and Tourism
• Human Services
• Information Technology
• Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
• Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
• Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Plus Career and Technical Student
Organizations (CTSOs) available are:
• Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE)
• Business Professionals of America (BPA)
• Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
• Family, Career & Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
• Future Farmers of America (FFA)
• Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
• Technology Student Association (TSA)
• Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA)