February 14-17, March 22
- The instructors and performers with the UTRGV Ballet Folklórico are celebrating the 50 anniversary of the dance troupe as they present Alegría. Performances at the UTRGV Performing Arts Complex, 1201 W. University Dr. in Edinburg will be held Feb. 14 and 15 at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 16 at 2 p.m. Saturday, Mar. 22, a final performance will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the TSC Performing Arts Center, 90 Taylor Ave. in Brownsville. Tickets are $15 for general admission, $10 for students and seniors and $5 for children and are available online at patron.utrgv.edu/alegria. For more information, call 956-665-2230 or visit utrgv.edu/balletfolklorico.
- Flutist Krista Jobson performs at 7 p.m. at the UTRGV Performing Arts Complex, 1201 W. University Dr. in Edinburg. Jobson’s career has covered the musical performance spectrum as soloist, chamber musician, orchestra member and teacher and has taken her across the country and abroad. Admission is free. For special accommodations, call 956-665-3881.
- Join Dr. Mark Joseph Ramírez for an evening of percussion and free jazz at the UTRGV Performing Arts Complex, 1201 W. University Dr. in Edinburg. He will be performing original compositions as well as works by Gordon Stout, Michio Kitazume, Steve Reich, Anders Koppel, and Morton Feldman. The program will also feature students of the UTRGV Percussion Studio and Dr. Josiah Boornazian. Admission is free. For special accommodations, call 956-665-3881.
- The 52nd Annual Fiesta Edinburg 2020 features headliners Rodney Atkins on Friday and Los Palominos on Saturday, performing at H.E.B. Park, located at 1616 S. Raul Longoria Rd., in Edinburg. Along with the concerts the event includes the Heart of America Carnival, The Fearless Flores Family thrill show with aerial Daredevils and Motorcycle Madness daily, and, for the little ones, the Animal Connection petting zoo and pony rides. Tickets for both concerts can be purchased at hebparkrgv.com.
- Croatian pianist Javor Bračić comes to the Edinburg PAC on Thursday, Feb. 27, at 7 p.m. He was recognized by New York Concert Review for “deep, genuine musicianship and an outstanding technique” in his Carnegie Hall solo debut recital presented by New York Concert Artists. General admission is $10 and $5 for seniors and students. Tickets are available at patron.utrgv.edu.
- Take a musical adventure to the corners of the earth and across the American West in the Valley Symphony Orchestra’s concert Indiana Jones and the Wild West. It will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center, 801 Convention Center Blvd. in McAllen from 8 to 10 p.m. For tickets and information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call 956-661-1615.
- On Saturday, March 7, at 7 p.m., American pianist Alex McDonald of Dallas performs at the TSC Performing Arts Center in Brownsville. Since his orchestral debut at age 11, McDonald has performed around the world and has been a featured performer on PBS, WRR (Dallas/Fort Worth), NPR, and WQXR in New York City. The complete schedule and tickets are available at patron.utrgv.edu.
- The one and only Cher brings her “Here We Go Again Tour” to Bert Ogden Arena, 4900 S. I-69C, Edinburg. Backed by a seven-piece band and ten dancers, she will share the stage with special guests Nile Rodgers & CHIC. Starting at $59.95, tickets are on sale to the general public at LiveNation.com and BertOgdenArena.com. Beware of tickets purchased from third-party sites or ticket brokers which may not be official and may be overpriced.
- The Valley Symphony Orchestra’s finale concert of the season, “Designed by Dabrowski,” features special guest UTRGV Mariachi Aztlan. It will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center, 801 Convention Center Blvd. in McAllen from 8 to 10 p.m. For tickets and information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call 956-661-1615.
- The McAllen Wind Ensemble’s final concert of the season, “Viva South Texas!” is a musical fiesta featuring guapangos, cowboy anthems, and toe-tapping music. The performance begins at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center (MPAC). Tickets are on sale at the MPAC box office or through ticketmaster.com. Seats start at $10. For information, call 682-227-2101 or go to mcallenwindensemble.org.
- Nickelodeon and VStar Entertainment Group present PAW Patrol Live! “Race to the Rescue,” an action-packed, music-filled production. The heroic pups from the top-rated animated preschool series PAW Patrol will visit Bert Ogden Arena, 4900 S. I-60C, Edinburg. Performances are at 2 and 6 p.m. on Saturday and 1 and 4 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets starting at $22 can be purchased at pawpatrollive.com, BertOgdenArena.com and AXS.com. A limited number of premium V.I.P. (Very Important Pup) packages are available starting at $105.
- The final concert of the Patron of the Arts Distinguished Artist Series brings the dynamic cross-genre duo of Sandeep Das on tabla and Mike Block on cello and vocals to the Edinburg PAC. The performance is at 7 p.m. at the UTRGV PAC in Edinburg. The duo has been performing since 2013 and their music features a rhythmic and melodic combination of the tabla (Indian drums used in Hindustani classical music), cello and vocals.