- The Mission Historical Museum will hold two screenings, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., of the 1979 western film “She Came to the Valley,” based on the novel written by local author Cleo Dawson. Tickets are $5 and purchase includes a copy of her book with ticket purchase. Tickets may be purchases at the museum located at 900 Doherty Ave. For more information, call 956-580-8646.
- The 52nd Annual Fiesta Edinburg 2020 features headliners Rodney Atkins on Friday and Los Palominos on Saturday, performing at H.E.B. Park, located at 1616 S. Raul Longoria Rd., in Edinburg. Along with the concerts the event includes the Heart of America Carnival, The Fearless Flores Family thrill show with aerial Daredevils and Motorcycle Madness daily, and, for the little ones, the Animal Connection petting zoo and pony rides. Tickets for both concerts can be purchased at hebparkrgv.com.
- South Texas College (STC) Theatre presents Jo Roets’ adaptation of “Cyrano,” from a play by Edmond Rostand and translated into English by Audry Van Tuyckom at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday. All performances will be staged at STC’s Cooper Center for Communication Arts, 3201 W. Pecan Blvd. in McAllen. General admission is $10 and student, faculty, military, and senior citizen are $5Tickets can be purchased with cash or check one hour before the performance at the box office, or online at southtexascollege.edu/go/theatre. . The Sunday matinee will be interpreted in American Sign Language. For information, call 956-872-2301 or email [email protected] or [email protected]
- Multi-award winning Christian singing artist Jaci Velasquez will visit the Abundant Life Church, 101 N. “O” Street in Harlingen, with her “Trust Tour” at 6 p.m. Tickets range from $15 to 25 with VIP tickets for $35. Children age 10 and younger receive free admission. For more information, call 956-425-1696. Tickets are available online at itickets.com or by phone at 800-965-9324.
- The Wind Orchestra & Symphonic Winds with the UTRGV Patron of the Arts Student Ensemble Series will perform at 7 p.m. at the UTRGV Performing Arts Complex, 1201 W. University Dr. in Edinburg. General admission is $5. Go to patron.utrgv.edu for tickets. For special accommodations, call 956-665-3881.
- Croatian pianist Javor Bračić comes to the Edinburg PAC on Thursday, Feb. 27, at 7 p.m. He was recognized by New York Concert Review for “deep, genuine musicianship and an outstanding technique” in his Carnegie Hall solo debut recital presented by New York Concert Artists. General admission is $10 and $5 for seniors and students. Tickets are available at patron.utrgv.edu.
- Weston Hurt, best known for Verdi’s iconic baritone roles, will perform in a concert at 3 p.m. the UTRGV Edinburg library auditorium, 1201 W. University Dr. Admission is free.
- Take a musical adventure to the corners of the earth and across the American West in the Valley Symphony Orchestra’s concert Indiana Jones and the Wild West. It will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center, 801 Convention Center Blvd. in McAllen from 8 to 10 p.m. For tickets and information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call 956-661-1615.
February 28-March 1, March 20-22
- UTRGV Productions presents “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas” at 7:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. on Sundays at the Albert L. Jeffers Theatre in Edinburg. The musical was based on actual events surrounding the demise of the Chicken Ranch in central Texas. The production contains adult themes and language. Children age 10 and younger will not be admitted. Tickets are $15 general admission, $10 for seniors and military and $5 for student/faculty/staff patrons with valid I.D. Purchase tickets online at patron.utrgv.edu.
- The Shakes-Beer Garden features a show, food, beer and togas at the Tower Theater, 120 S. Kansas in Weslaco. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with the arrival of Julius Caesar at 7 p.m., followed by the festival, food and beer tasting. Dressing up in togas is recommended. Tickets are $35 and available online at iloveit.live or the Weslaco Museum. Call 956-261-5656 for information.
- The UTRGV Dance Adjudication Festival will be held at 3 p.m. at the UTRGV Performing Arts Complex auditorium along with the nationally recognized UTRGV Ballet Folklorico. General admission is $10 and $5 for seniors and students. Go to patron.utrgv.edu for tickets and information.
- On Saturday, March 7, at 7 p.m., American pianist Alex McDonald of Dallas performs at the TSC Performing Arts Center in Brownsville. Since his orchestral debut at age 11, McDonald has performed around the world and has been a featured performer on PBS, WRR (Dallas/Fort Worth), NPR, and WQXR in New York City. The complete schedule and tickets are available at patron.utrgv.edu.
- The one and only Cher brings her “Here We Go Again Tour” to Bert Ogden Arena, 4900 S. I-69C, Edinburg. Backed by a seven-piece band and ten dancers, she will share the stage with special guests Nile Rodgers & CHIC. Starting at $59.95, tickets are on sale to the general public at LiveNation.com and BertOgdenArena.com. Beware of tickets purchased from third-party sites or ticket brokers which may not be official and may be overpriced.
- The instructors and performers with the UTRGV Ballet Folklórico are celebrating the 50 anniversary of the dance troupe as they present Alegría at 7:30 p.m. at the TSC Performing Arts Center, 90 Taylor Ave. in Brownsville. Tickets are $15 for general admission, $10 for students and seniors and $5 for children and are available online at patron.utrgv.edu/alegria. For more information, call 956-665-2230 or visit utrgv.edu/balletfolklorico.
- The Valley Symphony Orchestra’s finale concert of the season, “Designed by Dabrowski,” features special guest UTRGV Mariachi Aztlan. It will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center, 801 Convention Center Blvd. in McAllen from 8 to 10 p.m. For tickets and information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call 956-661-1615.
- The McAllen Wind Ensemble’s final concert of the season, “Viva South Texas!” is a musical fiesta featuring guapangos, cowboy anthems, and toe-tapping music. The performance begins at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center (MPAC). Tickets are on sale at the MPAC box office or through ticketmaster.com. Seats start at $10. For information, call 682-227-2101 or go to mcallenwindensemble.org.
- Nickelodeon and VStar Entertainment Group present PAW Patrol Live! “Race to the Rescue,” an action-packed, music-filled production. The heroic pups from the top-rated animated preschool series PAW Patrol will visit Bert Ogden Arena, 4900 S. I-60C, Edinburg. Performances are at 2 and 6 p.m. on Saturday and 1 and 4 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets starting at $22 can be purchased at pawpatrollive.com, BertOgdenArena.com and AXS.com. A limited number of premium V.I.P. (Very Important Pup) packages are available starting at $105.
- The final concert of the Patron of the Arts Distinguished Artist Series brings the dynamic cross-genre duo of Sandeep Das on tabla and Mike Block on cello and vocals to the Edinburg PAC. The performance is at 7 p.m. at the UTRGV PAC in Edinburg. The duo has been performing since 2013 and their music features a rhythmic and melodic combination of the tabla (Indian drums used in Hindustani classical music), cello and vocals.