- Weston Hurt, best known for Verdi’s iconic baritone roles, will perform in a concert at 3 p.m. the UTRGV Edinburg library auditorium, 1201 W. University Dr. Admission is free.
- Take a musical adventure to the corners of the earth and across the American West in the Valley Symphony Orchestra’s concert Indiana Jones and the Wild West. The concert will feature soloist and VSO principal trumpet Jared Broussard. It will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center, 801 Convention Center Blvd. in McAllen from 8 to 10 p.m. For tickets and information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call 956-661-1615.
February 28-March 1, March 20-22
- UTRGV Productions presents “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas” at 7:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. on Sundays at the Albert L. Jeffers Theatre in Edinburg. The musical was based on actual events surrounding the demise of the Chicken Ranch in central Texas. The production contains adult themes and language. Children age 10 and younger will not be admitted. Tickets are $15 general admission, $10 for seniors and military and $5 for student/faculty/staff patrons with valid I.D. Purchase tickets online at patron.utrgv.edu.
- The public is invited to go hunting to capture photo images of the butterfly sculptures the Upper Valley Art League has created and placed around Mission. Registration is 8 a.m. at UVAL, 921 E. 12th St. in the Kika de la Garza Fine Arts Center. Photos can be taken on cameras or cell phones. Breakfast will be served while it lasts. Entries must be time dated for the event and returned before deadline. Admission is free, but there will be a donation box to support the UVAL programs. For information, call 956-583-2787.
- The Shakes-Beer Garden features a show, food, beer and togas at the Tower Theater, 120 S. Kansas in Weslaco. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with the arrival of Julius Caesar at 7 p.m., followed by the festival, food and beer tasting. Dressing up in togas is recommended. Tickets are $35 and available online at iloveit.live or the Weslaco Museum. Call 956-261-5656 for information.
- The McAllen Music Club is hosting Musical Divertimenti in a freewill donation concert at 7 p.m. at Valley Keyboards, 900 Harvey Drive, McAllen. Proceeds benefits students involved in music with their schools and communities and those who are interested in pursuing a degree in music. Instrumentalists performing include Sarah Torres, Sam Heredia, Leslie Eichelberger, Abran Garcia, Zubin Solis, Carlos Cantu, Rut del Toro, and Fernando Garcia.
- UTRGV faculty artist and pianist Jooyoung Kim will give a recital of all Chopin pieces, including Ballade No. 2, Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor, and 12 Etudes Op. 25. The performance is at 7 p.m. at the UTRGV Performing Arts Complex, 1201 W. University Dr. in Edinburg. Admission is free. For special accommodations, call 956-665-3881.
- The UTRGV Patron of the Arts presents their next distinguished artist, pianist Alex McDonald, at 7 p.m. at the TSC Performing Arts Center, 90 Taylor Ave. in Brownsville. Performing since age 11, McDonald has performed across the globe and been featured on television. General admission is $10, and $5 for seniors and students. Go to patron.utrgv.edu for tickets. For special accommodations, call 956-882-7025.
- The one and only Cher brings her “Here We Go Again Tour” to Bert Ogden Arena, 4900 S. I-69C, Edinburg. Backed by a seven-piece band and ten dancers, she will share the stage with special guests Nile Rodgers & CHIC. Starting at $59.95, tickets are on sale to the general public at LiveNation.com and BertOgdenArena.com. Beware of tickets purchased from third-party sites or ticket brokers which may not be official and may be overpriced.
- The University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley School of Music presents guest artists Jonathan Borja, flute, and Alfredo Isaac Aguilar Solano, piano, in a concert featuring music by Latin American composers. It begins at 7 p.m. at the TSC Performing Arts Center, 90 Taylor Ave., Brownsville. Admission is free. For special accommodations, call 956-882-7025.
- The instructors and performers with the UTRGV Ballet Folklórico are celebrating the 50 anniversary of the dance troupe as they present Alegría at 7:30 p.m. at the TSC Performing Arts Center, 90 Taylor Ave. in Brownsville. Tickets are $15 for general admission, $10 for students and seniors and $5 for children and are available online at patron.utrgv.edu/alegria. For more information, call 956-665-2230 or visit utrgv.edu/balletfolklorico.
- The Valley Symphony Orchestra’s finale concert of the season, “Designed by Dabrowski,” features special guest UTRGV Mariachi Aztlan. It will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center, 801 Convention Center Blvd. in McAllen from 8 to 10 p.m. For tickets and information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call 956-661-1615.
- The McAllen Wind Ensemble’s final concert of the season, “Viva South Texas!” is a musical fiesta featuring guapangos, cowboy anthems, and toe-tapping music. The performance begins at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at the McAllen Performing Arts Center (MPAC). Tickets are on sale at the MPAC box office or through ticketmaster.com. Seats start at $10. For information, call 682-227-2101 or go to mcallenwindensemble.org.
- Nickelodeon and VStar Entertainment Group present PAW Patrol Live! “Race to the Rescue,” an action-packed, music-filled production. The heroic pups from the top-rated animated preschool series PAW Patrol will visit Bert Ogden Arena, 4900 S. I-60C, Edinburg. Performances are at 2 and 6 p.m. on Saturday and 1 and 4 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets starting at $22 can be purchased at pawpatrollive.com, BertOgdenArena.com and AXS.com. A limited number of premium V.I.P. (Very Important Pup) packages are available starting at $105.
- The final concert of the Patron of the Arts Distinguished Artist Series brings the dynamic cross-genre duo of Sandeep Das on tabla and Mike Block on cello and vocals to the Edinburg PAC. The performance is at 7 p.m. at the UTRGV PAC in Edinburg. The duo has been performing since 2013 and their music features a rhythmic and melodic combination of the tabla (Indian drums used in Hindustani classical music), cello and vocals.