As part of efforts to help keep patients safe and lower the risk of COVID-19, Harlingen Medical Center, Knapp Medical Center in Weslaco, and Mission Regional Medical Center have implemented a temporary “no visitor” policy until further notice.
The temporary “no visitation” policy is being implemented in recognition of the most important priority of the hospitals, the health and safety of their patients, visitors and staff.
The temporary restrictions include the following:
- Visitors are NOT allowed in inpatient areas, except for certain compassionate care / end-of-life situations. In those cases, visitors will be limited to a specific room only, with one visitor per day, with no interchanging of visitors throughout the day.
- Visitors must NOT have any respiratory viral symptoms, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Visitors should be prepared to answer screening questions related to symptoms, any contact with someone who has had a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, and any recent travel to a high-risk area.
- Visitors must enter through limited entrances as designated, and check with hospital security for screening.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older.
The hospitals appreciate the community’s support and patience as these necessary steps are implemented to protect patients.
For more details on each hospital’s visitor policies, which are subject to change, please check each hospital’s website:
- Harlingen Medical Center: www.HarlingenMedicalCenter.com/
- Knapp Medical Center: www.KnappMed.org
- Mission Regional Medical Center: www.missionrmc.org/
The community is also reminded of the importance of following precautions recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control during this time, such as hand-washing for a full 20 seconds, keeping distance between yourself and other people (especially those who are sick), staying home if you’re feeling sick, and avoiding unnecessary travel and outings. For more information, please visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html and www.hidalgocounty.us/coronavirusupdates.