- The public is invited to the Drive-in Pesado concert at H-E-B Park beginning at 8:30 p.m. Concert tickets range from $100 to $400 for four passengers per car; extra passengers are $35 each. It will be set up in the parking H-E-B Park parking lot located at 1616 S. Raul Longoria Rd. in Edinburg. Lawwn chairs are allowed to for patrons to sit outside of vehicles. For tickets, go to hebparkrgv.com. For information, phone 956-972-1144.
October 23 & 25
- The first fall concert for the Valley Symphony Orchestra begins at 7 p.m. online and broadcast on television. The concert features the VSO Piano Quintet performing Erno Dohnányi’s piano quintet no. 1 in C minor. The premier can be found live on Facebook at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 23, and on Sunday, Oct. 25, at 11 a.m. with an encore broadcast on KRGV Channel 5. The VSO quintet consists of Geoffrey Wong, VSO concertmaster (violin); Lindsey Gamble. VSO assistant concertmaster (violin); Jennifer Miller (viola); Benjamin Ponder (cello); and Juan Pablo Andrade (piano). For more information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call the VSO office at 956-661-1615.
- Lucero & the Giants premiers at 7 p.m. under the UTRGV Patron of the Arts listings on YouTube. Lucero and the Giants features 10-foot mojigangas, or giant Mexican street puppets, in a play about an immigrant family struggling to reunite and survive in the Rio Grande Valley. After facing many hardships, the family is ultimately saved by the magical puppets. A project of the Latino Theatre initiatives, a student organization at UTRGV, the show was written and directed by Eric Wiley, UTRGV professor.
- A virtual program on “Owl Pellet Dissection” will be featured by the Edinburg World Birding Center at 4 p.m. Kids can learn how owls are adept hunters even in complete darkness, and will investigate what and how owls eat by dissecting an owl pellet. The purchase of an owl pellet kit, for children ages 7 and up, is $3.99 plus tax. The kit can be picked up at the EWBC Fee Booth beginning Oct. 23. Quantities are limited; early reservation is recommended, but is required by Oct. 26. The EWBC is located at 714 S. Raul Longoria Rd. The program will be delivered via Zoom. To register, visit EdinburgWBC.org or call 956-381-9922.
- Celebrate safely this Halloween at H-E-B Park, 1616 N. Raul Longoria Rd. in Edinburg, during the Carnaval de Calaveras: Día de los Muertos Festival. Enjoy an outdoor movie and concert under the stars in a socially distanced setting. Grupo Solido is the featured act for the festival. The event begins with an Indian prayer for the departed at 7 p.m., followed by a showing of the Disney hit movie Coco at 7:15. The evening out will conclude with a live performance by Grupo Solido at 9:40 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Socially distanced tickets in the stands start at just $20 each, with group packages beginning at $15. There will be six feet of distance between groups. Also available are 10×10, four-person pods on the field ranging from $100 to $400 based on proximity to the stage and offering 10 feet of distance between each pod. For tickets, go to hebparkrgv.com. For more information, call 956-972-1144.
- Tickets are on sale for another drive-in concert experience at H-E-B Park, 1616 N. Raul Longoria Rd. in Edinburg, with Banda Los Recoditos. The concert begins at 8:30 p.m. Tickets per car, with four occupants, range from $100 to $300 and $400 for the VIP experience. Additional occupants are $35 per person, with a maximum of six per car. To purchase tickets, go to hebparkrgv.com. For more information, call 956-972-1144.
November 20 & 22
- The next Valley Symphony Orchestra concert, “Melody and Rhythm,” features the VSO woodwinds and percussion. The premier can be found live on Facebook at 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20, and on Sunday, Nov. 22, at 11 a.m. there will be an encore broadcast on KRGV Channel 5. For more information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call the VSO office at 956-661-1615.
December 18 & 20
- The next Valley Symphony Orchestra concert is a variation of the orchestra’s seasonal tribute, “A Touch of Frost.” The virtual performance features the VSO Holiday Brass and Harp. The premier can be found live on Facebook at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 18, and on Sunday, Dec. 20, at 11 a.m. there will be an encore broadcast on KRGV Channel 5. For more information, go to valleyorchestra.org or call the VSO office at 956-661-1615.