- The Hidalgo Festival of Lights, “2020 – Season of Hope,” is a drive-thru experience this year.
Pricing is $21 with only one ticket needed per vehicle. The festival runs from 6 to 11 p.m. each evening and will be staged at Payne Arena, 2600 N. 10th St. in Hidalgo. Go to hidalgofestivaloflights.com to purchase tickets.
- Brownsville’s Holiday Village is coming to everyone’s home this year with their new Virtual Village. The Virtual Village will include 31 cottages from the live village to explore, and the website will also have coloring pages, games and other activities, including finding the elusive Fritter hide in a different cottage each day as the Village is updated throughout the month. Go to www.holidayvillagebrownsville.com to participate.
December 25 – January 2, 2021
- The Edinburg Chamber of Commerce, City of Edinburg and Edinburg EDC present Holiday in the Park. Edinburg Municipal Park, 714 S. Raul Longoria Rd., will be transformed into a drive-thru wonderland with thousands of twinkling lights on display from 6 to 10 p.m. The free event covers one mile of themed entertainment. For more information, email email@example.com or visit Edinburg.com.
December 25-January 18, 2021
- Visit the Holiday Sandcastle Village & Light Show on South Padre Island to see unique holiday-themed sculptures created by sand artists. The light show is located directly in front of the entrance of the Village. Social distancing is required. The sculptures are on view and open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. near Louie’s Backyard & Gravity Park. The light show runs from 6 to 9 p.m.
December 25 – January 3
- The Disney On Ice presentation, “Dream Big,” is coming to Payne Arena in Hidalgo. Dream Big features favorite Disney friends such as Mickey, Minnie, Miguel, Moana, Elsa, Belle, Genie, and more highlighting adventures of Disney’s world of heroes through world-class figure skating. COVID-19 health and safety standards will be followed, and pod seating has been created for family and friends follow social distancing. A face covering is required for those age 2 and older unless otherwise exempt by law. Tickets start at $30 and can be ordered online at ticketmaster.com. Payne Arena is located at 2600 N. 10th Street, Hwy 336, in Hidalgo.