March 17-19, 24-26
- The stage production of “Patricio El Penitente” will be performed by the Pharr Community Theater (PCT) troupe in eight shows this month. The first five shows March 15-19 will be held at PCT theater, 213 W. Newcombe Ave. in Pharr. Show times Friday and Saturday is 7:30 p.m. and a 3 p.m. matinee on Sunday. The final performances March 24-26 will be held at the Development Research Center, 850 W Dicker Rd., Pharr. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. Tickets are $8 and available at tinyurl.com/pctpatriciotickets or at the PCT website at pharrcommunitytheater.com. Tickets will also be available at the door, for $10 starting one hour before curtain, upon availability.
- The Valley Symphony Orchestra presents Carmen y Mas in the next concert at 8 p.m. at the McAllen Performing Arts Center. It features Mariachi Aztlán with the full symphony orchestra with the iconic music of the Carmen opera including Marquez’s Leyenda de Miliano and Bizet’s Carmen Suite. Individual and season tickets can be purchased in person at the MPAC box office, online at valleyorchestra.org, ticketmaster.com, or by calling the office at 956-661-1615. Educators (K-12 and higher education) with a valid school I.D. can purchase up to two tickets to VSO concerts for $20 each plus box office fees. Educators must show their ID at the box office to purchase tickets. Seating is at the discretion of box office and pending availability.
- The UTRGV School of Art & Design presents the opening reception for “In Memory of Me,” a group exhibition, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Rusteberg Gallery on the UTRGV campus in Brownsville. The exhibit will be on display March 19 to April 8.
- The RGV Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host the Second Annual Jalapeño Amateur Championship golf tournament at the Tierra Santa Golf Course at 1901 Club De Amistad in Weslaco. Entry fee is $150 and includes breakfast, lunch and beverages and a goody bag. There will be a hole-in-one contest to win a vehicle. For more information to sponsor or register call the RGV Hispanic Chamber office at 928-0060 or go to rgvhcc.org.
- UTRGV’s Ballet Folkórico presents Alegría 2023 at 7:30 p.m. at the TSC Performing Arts Center, 90 Taylor Ave. in in Brownsville. In a collaboration of 40 dancers, 20 musicians, choreographers and scene designers, seven different states and regions will be represented during the show, including a pre-Hispanic piece, Tabasco, Huasteca Veracruzana, Calabaceados from Baja California Norte, Veracruz, Colima and Sinaloa. Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for senior citizens and students, and $5 for children. Patrons can purchase tickets one hour before each event or online at utrgv.edu/arts. For more information about UTRGV Ballet Folklórico, contact the UTRGV Dance Office at 956-665-2230.