Early Voting for the May 6, 2023 Local Entities Elections has commenced!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, April 24, 2023
EDINBURG – Hidalgo County Elections Administrator Hilda Salinas reminds all registered voters that Early Voting for the May 6, 2023, Local Entities Elections is here. There are 24 Early Voting polling locations, conveniently located throughout Hidalgo County, voters can take advantage of voting at any polling site close to them.
The seven forms of approved photo ID are:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport (book or card)
Registered voters of Hidalgo County have the opportunity to use additional supporting documents as a way to cast their ballot if they are not able to obtain an acceptable form of photo identification.
If a voter does not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo ID, the voter may vote by (1) signing a declaration of impediment at the polls explaining why the voter is reasonably unable to obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo ID, and (2) providing one of various forms of supporting documentation.
- A certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law that establishes the voter’s identity (which may include a foreign birth document);
- A current utility bill
- A bank statement
- A government check
- A paycheck
- A government document that shows the voter’s name and an address (which includes the voter’s voter registration certificate).
Early Voting will run through Tuesday, May 2, 2023. For more information on Early Voting schedules, locations and sample ballots, visit www.hidalgocounty.us/elections.