The Hidalgo County Community Service Agency is currently accepting applications for the Hidalgo County Mortgage and Rent Relief Program.
The Hidalgo County Mortgage and Rent Relief Program is a short-term rental and mortgage assistance program designated to help rural Hidalgo County residents and those living in Granjeno and Sullivan City, according to a news release from the county.
“Those who apply will be eligible for up to two months of assistance to be paid directly to the mortgage company or landlord,” Hidalgo County Community Service Agency Director Jaime Longoria said in a statement.
To apply for the Hidalgo County Mortgage and Rent Relief Program, complete the application online at www.hidalgocares.org or by phone at (956)205-7058.
To be eligible for the program, residents must have been affected by COVID-19 due to loss of wages, job or illness, be a rural resident of the County, or live in Granjeno or Sullivan City who lives below the 300% federal poverty line.
Funding for this assistance program comes directly from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act enacted by Congress earlier this year, the county said in a statement. Deadline for allocation of funds is December 31, 2020.
When applying you must have the following:
· Valid Picture ID for applicant
· Birth certificate or valid ID for everyone in the household
· Proof you were affected by COVID-19, including income, furlough, shelter order and quarantine information
· Income information for the past 30 days for the entire household
· Mortgage or rent agreement or receipts of past expenses
· And, you must submit a W-9 from your mortgage company or landlord